Church News & Events
We are currently unable to post monthly calendars.
Please check the updated Events Calendar on the home page.
Quarterly Voters Meeting/WSC Meeting: The voters of the congregation will meet Sunday, January 26, following the late service. Women Serving Christ will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall at the same time.
Congratulations and God’s Blessings to Scott and Brittany Baker, whom the Lord blessed with the gift of a healthy son, Jayce Timothy, born on December 30, 2019. Jayce was born again of water and the Spirit in Holy Baptism on Saturday, January 25th. His sponsor is Debbie Baker. May the Lord bless and keep young Jayce in His gracious care.
“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness… It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture” (Psalm 100:1,3).
Wednesday Morning Bible Class will not meet on January 29 and February 5, due to Pastor being out of town. Please make a note of it on your calendar.
Sunday School Teachers: The next teacher’s guides are available to pick up from the office, if needed. Please return the previous set, if you are done with it. Thank you!
Divine Grace 2019 Annual Reports are available on the credenza in the church entryway. Please read it over and keep it for future reference.
Preschool Applications: We are now taking preschool applications for the next school year. If you are interested, or know of someone who may have a need for a quality Christian education, please pick up application forms from our Preschool Director, Mrs. Musinski. Interested families are welcome to call or drop in for a visit any time!
Food/Drink Reminder: Food and drink should only be eaten in the Fellowship Hall. Please refrain from eating in the school lobby or Sunday School classrooms. Children attending Sunday School should finish their snack in the Fellowship Hall before class begins, or after class has ended. Let’s work together to keep our facility clean. Thank you!
Choir: Divine Grace members, do you like to sing? We are looking for voices to add to the Divine Grace Choir. No experience needed! Rehearsals take place each Thursday from 6:30-7:30 pm. We can always use more voices; why not come and join us as we sing praise to our God? We’d love to see you there!
Fellowship Hall Roof: The voters approved the expenditure for the Fellowship Hall roof ($55,000). Please consider donating by using the Property Improvement envelope, or by enclosing your gift in an envelope labeled “Fellowship Hall Roof.” Be sure to include your envelope number and name for this charitable contribution. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Donations Needed: Every year Women Serving Christ sends out care packages to our undergrad students away at college, and also to our WELS boarding high school students. This year we will be sending out gift card packages. Watch for gift card tags located in the narthex. A box is in the church entryway for collection. Gifts will be allocated evenly to the students. However, if you have a special student designation, place it in a sealed envelope with the student’s name. Donations are due by February 9. The packages will go out for Valentine’s Day. Thank You! Any questions please speak to Michelle White. Free Suggestions: Cards with a fun note along with your favorite bible verse. (Monetary donations will also be taken to offset shipping costs.
Volunteer Sign-Up: The new Snack Schedule and Cleaning Schedule have been posted on the bulletin board in the Fellowship Hall. Please consider volunteering. Thank you!
Sisters in Christ Retreat: Registration is now open. Our retreat will be March 13-15 at the beautiful Treetops Resort in Gaylord, Michigan. Our theme this year is Psalm 32:7 – “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” You can go to our website – www.sistersinchristretreat.org – to register online or to print registration forms and retreat information. If you have questions, please email email@example.com. Registration ends February 10th. We look forward to seeing you in March!
Meditations: New Meditations devotion booklets are now available. Daily devotions in this issue begin with Sunday, March 1st. Pick up a copy from the credenza as you leave today.
MLS Foundation Dinner and Auction: You are cordially invited to the MLS Foundation’s Cardinal Carnival Dinner & Auction on Sunday, February 16, held at the DoubleTree in Bay City. For details, to purchase tickets, or to donate items, contact the MLS Foundation. Visit mls-foundation.org/events/dinner-auction/, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 989-793-7511. Join us for fun & fellowship in support of MLS – you won’t want to miss this fun event!
MLS Open House: Michigan Lutheran Seminary invites all students – especially 5th -8th graders – families, schools, churches to spend part of a day on campus learning about MLS at the upcoming winter open house. The open house takes place on Friday, February 7, 2020 and runs from 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Registration starts at 1:30 p.m.) DGLS students in grades 3-8 will be attending “Cardinal for a Day” as a school field trip. To register for the open house, please visit www.mlsem.org/openhouse. If you have any questions about other visit options, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Preschool and Young Fives:
Educational Programs: Divine Grace offers State Certified 3-year-old and 4-year-old preschool classes, along with a Young Fives program, childcare and extended care services. You can opt for the number of preschool mornings your child attends school to fit into your daily life. We also operate a five-day-a-week Lutheran Elementary School for children in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
Applications: We will start taking preschool applications for the next school year on January 26. If you are interested, or know of someone who may have a need for a quality Christian education, please pick up application forms from Mrs. Musinski (preschool director). Interested families are welcome to call or drop in for a visit any time!
Three-Year-Old Program: Tuesday-Thursday 9:00 am to Noon
Teacher- Mrs. Debbie Baker (Child Development Associate Credential)
Four-Year-Old Program: Monday-Friday 9:00 am to Noon
Teacher- Mrs. Barb Musinski (Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education)
Young Fives Program: Monday-Friday 8:40 am to Noon OR Noon to 3:30 pm
Teacher- Mrs. Kristi Coffin (Bachelor of Science in Education)
Learning: Our caring staff provides opportunities for learning through experiences in these and other areas:
- Spiritual Growth: Through Bible stories, prayers and songs, your child will learn about the love of Jesus their Savior. Spiritual values are developed while living and learning together in a Christian environment.
- Social and Emotional Development: Children develop a healthy sense of self, and learn to identify a variety of feelings and moods (in themselves and others). They develop empathy for others as they learn how to share and to help others. Throughout the year, they will grow in the ability to follow simple, clear and consistent directions and rules.
- Language and Early Literacy: Students learn to demonstrate courteous listening behaviors, along with speech development. They will develop an understanding of story elements, structure, and sequencing. Letter names and sounds will be explored.
- Physical Development and Health: Children will begin to understand spatial awareness for themselves, others, and their environment. There will be opportunities to participate in games and exercise that enhance physical fitness. Motor control and coordination will be developed through using a variety of age-appropriate tools.
- Mathematics: Several mathematical concepts will be introduced, including sorting, pattern recognition, identifying shapes, weight concepts, relational positioning, counting, adding and subtracting.
- Creative Development: Musical activities and creative movement will be introduced. A variety of art materials will be available for students to use and explore. Children will begin to differentiate between fantasy and reality.
- Social Studies: Children will learn to use words to describe location and direction. They will also participate in classroom celebrations and will be encouraged to participate in improving their environment.
- Science: Observations, predictions, and explanations will be discussed. Children will have the opportunity to use scientific equipment such as magnets and scales. They will also learn about weather and seasons, and will be begin to describe changing conditions.
Extended Care: Childcare beyond preschool hours, both before and after, is available for all students, from 7:30 am until 5:00 pm. Childcare is also available for Divine Grace elementary school students before and after school.